D & L Custom House Broker, LLC
1500 Midway Court, Ste W201
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Thank you for giving D&L CHB, LLC the opportunity to introduce our company to you! Whether you are a booking agent, outfitter, taxidermist or hunter D&L's primary goal is to make sure your trophies are taken care of in a professional manner with expedited service. We feel that with our capable staff and years of experience we can make the process of shipping and clearing your trophies a positive experience!
1. Contact with the client to explain the process that will go on to import their trophies. Send the client the documents that we require to be filled out either prior to or upon the hunters return from their hunt.
2. The hunter or U.S. taxidermist will need to send us back the clients paperwork, being the Hunter Information Sheet, signed Power of Attorney and acceptable Proof of Identity. WE WILL NOT CREATE A FILE UNTIL WE RECEIVE THE PAPERWORK BACK.
3. Regarding animals taken that require a U.S. Fish and Wildlife cites permit: D&L has the ability to apply for the cites on behalf of the hunter for a minimal fee. If the hunter does not require our services we will need the original permit when the hunter receives. DO NOT SEND THE ORIGINAL PERMIT VIA U.S. MAIL AS THERE IS NO WAY TO TRACK.
4. Depending on the country of origin and what is being done to the trophy (just dip n pack or mounting) we will contact the overseas taxidermist to make sure they have our information on file. We will include the client in on the email to ensure you see the response from the taxidermist.
5. Ensure we have the shipping agents information or get it from the overseas taxidermist to make contact. We will keep track of the shipment as it moves from the taxidermist to the shipper.
6. Once the trophies are ready to ship the shipper scans us copies of the documents to double check for any errors, along with a pre- alert to track your shipment.
7. D&L will call you as soon as the trophies have been processed through U.S. Customs, Agriculture and Fish & Wildlife. If there any problems we will notify you immediately.
8. When all has been completed we will send you a bill for our services. You have the option of sending us a check or paying via Visa or Mastercard. Our payment terms are 30 days.